In human history, we’ve never streamed, zoomed, and scrolled more than right now. With 10 million metric tons of CO2e per year created by YouTube alone, it represents a rapidly growing energy footprint.
Cue ‘Earth Definition’, an initiative that shines a light on the scale of carbon emissions caused by online streaming. The initiative asks online video streamers to change their streaming settings from HD down to ’ED’ and save 75% of their streaming energy and carbon. It’s time to start asking less of our pixels for the sake of the planet.
- Client: EARTHDAY.ORG
- Creatives: Tim Pashen, Lasse Vintersbølle, Karl Kjær, Nicolai Dimon
- Director: Simon Robson
- Agency: Hjaltelin Stahl
- Production: Mighty Nice Sidney
- Sound Design: JSM New York
- Year: 2021
- One Show, Shortlist, Interactive, Online & Mobile, Online-only Video – Single, 2022
- Danish Digital Award, The Big Idea, Bronze, 2022
- Epica Awards, Bronze, Public Interest, Environment, 2021
- Eurobest, Shortlist, Film, Best Use of Film, 2021
- Shots Award, Shortlist, Animation, 2021